Internships are open to enrolled S.T.A.T.E. volunteers only
Sue’s Summer Seedlings Program at Avalon
July-August 2018 (About 16 hours per session)
All sessions are held Monday-Thursday and take place from 9:15 AM-1:00 PM.
This is a great opportunity for those who love working with children; you’ll be setting up for crafts, making sure everyone stays together while the group goes on little adventures, and helping to facilitate activities. Miss Sue is looking for individuals who can commit to ALL four days within session(s) they choose. You will be outdoors hiking, exploring, and sweating! The group sizes are approximately 15 campers. We’ll be accepting 3 volunteers for each session, so please e-mail quickly to secure your spot in the session(s) of your choice.
July 16th-July 19th: K-3rd Grade
July 23rd-July 26th: 4th-6th Grade
July 30th-August 2nd: K-3rd Grade
August 6th-August 9th: 4th-6th Grade
- Commit to all four days within your session
- Enjoy working with children
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Enjoy arts/crafts and creative projects
- To apply, please e-mail your top preferences of which sessions you are interested in/have availability to commit to: Sue@avalonparkandpreserve.org
- The deadline to apply is Friday, June 8th. E-mails received after June 8th will not be considered. You will be notified via e-mail from Sue during the week of June 11th.