Do you keep track of volunteer hours or should I keep track of my own? Do you write letters of recommendation?
While we do track all of our volunteers’ hours of participation, the safest way to keep a flawless record is to keep a log or calendar of your own hours. When you need certification of your hours, please email Rebecca either with your total to check it against the total on file, or if you do not have a total for your hours, I will email you the total on file. Signatures or letters of volunteer service can typically be turned around in a week or less.
If you are seeking a letter of recommendation for college, National Honor Society, a scholarship, or any other reason, we are happy to provide one, but ask for a lead time of 2 weeks or more, and for our volunteers answer the following questions:
1) What was your favorite STATE event and why?
2) What do you feel that you contributed during your time volunteering?
3) Did you encounter anything challenging while volunteering, and how did you address it?
4) What do you regard as the best lesson/skill/concept that you’ve been introduced to through your time with STATE?
5) Feel free to write about any other relevant experiences, thoughts, or feelings— positive or negative!